Saint Annie's Saturday School is a unique 4 hour weekend program for high level Kindergarten and Elementary school age students. This program covers a wide range of learning areas such as Language arts, Dramatic play, Mathematics, Computer Education, Cooking, Art and Crafts, and Outdoor Play and Sports.
This Program is open to all students who have successfully completed an International Preschool Program and are at a level equivalent to (or higher than) our Kinder-kids Program. The program is also open to non SALC students who are of an advanced English level.
Native English speaking children and Returnees from abroad are also welcome to join this course as a supplement to the child's current schooling.
The Saturday class is a combination of indoor and outdoor activities. Like our Summer and Winter School programs, indoor activities allow children to learn and use correct grammatical English while they play. Your child will naturally improve his or her conversational skills by interacting with kids of all ages and all English levels. There are also American (foreign) children from nearby International Schools and Military Bases who participate in our classes, from time to time, thus making our program more diverse than ever. During the indoor lessons, we use textbooks to improve academic level, and we have fun with hands on activities such as arts and crafts, cooking, science experiments, games and much, much, more! During outside activities, we have fun with things like sports, exploring, shopping, and more.
● Calendar: (Days of the week, months, year, weather and seasons)
● Phonics: (ABC, CVC, DC-Phonics, Sight Words)
● Text Book: (Language Arts: Reading, Writing, Grammar, Vocabulary, Spelling)
● Math: Counting, Sorting, Graphing, Pattering, Sequencing, Addition, Subtraction, and Geometry.
● Indoor Activity: Art & Crafts, Cooking, Science, Music, Walk and Theme activities.
● Active Play: Rhythm, Balance, Coordination, and Movement (climbing, jumping, swinging, throwing)
● Lunch / Break Time: The children are free to do what they want during this time.
● Creative Writing: Letters, Paragraphs, Summary, Comprehension
● Computers: Word processing, computer navigation, graphics skills, and visual mapping basics.
● Recess: Get ready to go home and sing the good-bye song.