Our private kindergarten program introduces your child to a formal education while
embracing the idea that every child is smart in his or her own way. We focus on meeting each
individual child's developmental and educational needs. Children are guided and encouraged
by our elite, experienced teachers, and advance through our program at their own pace.
Because children learn best when they are actively involved, each classroom includes rich
learning materials for exploring. Self-directed investigations and play build problem-solving
and critical thinking skills. Our teachers supplement these experiences with small group
activities that encourage socialization. We give children the foundations that prepare them for
an International Elementary School setting, and set them on a path of life-long learning and
success. Whether enrolled full- or part-time, your child will benefit from Princeton Academy's
exclusive kindergarten program. Click here for the Daily Schedule.
About The "8-SMART" Teaching Method
Our curriculum is aligned with the US Department of Education's Common-Core
Standards, and follows the principal guidelines for developmentally appropriate practices set
forth by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). Our teaching
method is based on extensive research and inspired by the work of respected
development/early education theorists Jean Piaget, Erik Erikson and Lev Vygotsky, and inspired
by Howard Gardner's theory of multiple intelligences. We've arranged these multiple
intelligences into eight distinct ways that kids can be SMART;
- WordSmart: Likes to read, write and tell stories and excels at learning and using new words.
- MathSmart: Explores patterns and numbers, and enjoys figuring out how things work.
- BodySmart: Uses body language, loves to move and play sports, excels at dancing and other physical activity
- Picture-DesignSmart: "The visualizer" loves to understand maps, draw, build, design and create.
- MusicSmart: Has a natural sense of rhythm, and enjoys singing, playing instruments and listening to music.
- NatureSmart: Likes to be outside and care for living things.
- PeopleSmart: "The socializer" likes to work in groups, pretend to be someone else, and is sensitive to the feelings of others.
- SelfSmart: Likes to be introspective, is in-tune with their personal feelings and thoughts and enjoys working alone.
Our curriculum gives children the tools they need to grow and develop into the leaders of tomorrow. Along with a strong emphasis on mathematics and literacy skills, our program gives children a framework they can use throughout school - they learn to love learning.
Free Daily Extended Childcare Until 6PM If you are a working parent, and would like to use Princeton Academy's FREE Extended Childcare Service, we ask that you register your child as a member at the time of entrance to the school, or as soon as possible, thereafter. Space is very limited, and some restrictions do apply. NOTE: Non-Members are charged per hour at the regular rate. Go to the Extended Childcare & Holiday Childcare page here.